Introduction to Cohort Results
The Cohort Results area contains an academic overview of the students in a particular cohort.
This area may be accessed from the main menu (below).
- The blue menu bar enables the user to move between the areas within Cohort Summary. The pages will refresh as the user moves between tabs (meaning the cohort will not stay the same). The first tab looks at Cohort Results.
- Select the cohort and result period, then click the magnifying class icon.
- The GPA, Rank and Engagement result of each student will be shown.
Note: There is the option to sort the results by clicking on the individual column headings.
To view a breakdown of each student’s results, tick Show GPA Details.
To view the subjects in which each result was achieved, tick View Subject Names.
These results may be exported out into Excel.
Note: Scroll to the bottom of the table to view summary statistics for the cohort.
- Use the blue menu bar to move to Cohort Monitoring.
- Cohort Subject Achievement illustrates the students who were successful in all of their subjects. It also shows those whose performance was limited in 1, 2, 3 or 4+ subjects. Begin by selecting the cohort, result year and result period.
- Clicking on an individual segment (e.g. the yellow portion) will generate the list of students in a table below.
- These results may be exported out into Excel.
- Cohort GPA Distribution charts the number of A’s, B’s, etc. that were achieved by the chosen cohort in the chosen result period.
- There is the option to filter both charts (by sex, House, etc.) Click the ‘+’ icon next to Additional Filter Options to expand the menu.
Cohort Subject Comparison
- Use the blue menu bar to move to Cohort Subject Comparison.
- Select the cohort, result year and result period, then click the magnifying glass icon.
- Click on Filter Subjects to choose which courses should be included in the comparison.
- By default, all subjects will be selected. However, the user is able to clear all subjects using the icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Users are able to sort results based on the:
o 1st quartile: results will be ordered (left to right) from the lowest, most variable 1st quartile to highest, least variable 1st quartile.
o 3rd quartile: results will be ordered (left to right) from the lowest, most variable 3rd quartile to the highest, least variable 3rd quartile.
o Median: results will be ordered (left to right) from the lowest to the highest median.
- Descriptive statistics for each subject can be found in the table below.