Turning On Subject Weightings
- Select Administration from the top of the left-hand task panel.
- Select Configuration, followed by Application.
- Select the year levels for which you would like to apply subject weightings.
Note: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Configuration when complete.
Loading the List of Subjects
- Select Subject Setup, followed by Subject and Period.
- Select the result period for which you would like to set up the weightings. Use the green arrow on the left-hand side to select the period.
- Click Synchronise Subjects with Database (second icon).
Note: Hold your cursor over the icon to reveal the icon title.
- The following drop-down menus will appear.
- Select the year group for which you would like to set up the weightings (e.g. All Years).
- Click Synchronise.
Option One: Entering the Subject Weightings Manually
- A list of subjects (based on the chosen result period and year level) will load.
Note: Each subject will have a default weighting of -1 (this indicates that no weighting has been applied).
- There are two options when entering the subject weightings, the first of which is to manually enter the weighting into the Subject Weighting box.
Note: Once a weighting has been entered, simply click on the next text box and the weighting will save.
- If there are any subjects you wish to exclude from the calculation, tick the Exclude from Calculation box.
Repeat this process for all relevant year levels.
Option Two: Load Timetable-Based Weightings
- The second option is to load the weightings based on the number of times the subject appears in the timetable. Begin by clicking Load Approximate Weightings (the third icon).
- The following will appear: click Load Approximate Weightings.
- The approximate weightings will be loaded for review.
- If you are happy with the weightings, click Copy All Approximate Weightings to Final Weightings (fourth icon).
Copying Subject Weightings Between Result Periods
Once weightings have been set up within a result period, these may be copied to a new period.
- Begin by selecting the result period you are working on using the green arrow on the left-hand side.
- Select the Copy Subject Properties Icon (second last icon).
The following drop-down will appear.
- Select the year level for which you wish to copy the weightings.
- Select the result period you wish to copy the weightings from.
- Click Copy Properties.