The Learning Analytics Suite has a portal for students. Once student logins have been established in the suite (see User Management: Bulk Synchronisation for Students) then students can login to TrackOne and have access to any of the sections below:
- Academic Progress
- Student Timetable
- Continuous Report
- Pastoral Care
- External Results
- Student Activities
- Student Awards
- Student Goal Setting (My Goals)
These options can be added or deleted by editing the Student Role in the Suite (see User Management: User Roles).
The following pages show the student user experience when using the Learning Analytics Suite.
- At the sign in screen, the student first enters their network username.
- They then enter their network password.
- Click the Sign In button.
- The student’s menu is on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Some basic student information is listed in the Student Passport, including their current GPA and EWL scores.
- If a key learning goal has been entered for the current period, it is available in the Learning Reflections window.
- Select Academic Progress from the left-hand menu.
- The student’s current subject enrolments are displayed.
- The student can also see their current Academic Transcript.
- The student’s GPA and Engagement history is also available.
- Scrolling down the Academic Progress page reveals further academic data.
- The GPA Comparison Summary shows how the student has achieved in each of their subjects in comparison to their subject cohorts. Cohort comparison data is not shown for a cohort size smaller than 13 and can be disabled completely if required.
- The Student Subject History can show a student’s achievement in any of their subjects over time. The default setting shows their GPA over time.
- Choose Continuous Report.
- The Continual Report table will display the student’s progressive assessments as they are published.
Note: This is dependent on Continuous Assessment being established in the Learning Analytics Suite.
- Select Pastoral Care.
- Four Pastoral Care graphs are displayed.
- The Engagement Comparison Summary displays the student’s engagement in each of their subjects.
- The Engagement History Chart displays the student’s EWL score longitudinally.
- The Behaviour Analysis Chart displays the student’s behaviour ratings for a given result period.
- The Absence History Chart displays the student’s absence history longitudinally.
- Select External Results.
- The Assessment Results table will show any of the external results that you have enabled for student display in the Administration > External Results > Assessment Filtering section.
- The Result Distribution graphs are Box and Whisker charts of the student’s external results.
- The Student Rank (In School) indicates the student’s position graphically for selected external assessments.
- Select Student Activities.
- If Activities have been set up in the Learning Analytics Suite, then the student will be able to view a list of their activities in descending date order.
Note: At present activities can only be brought into the Suite from TASS.
- Select My Goals.
- The first tab of the blue menu bar, My Goals, will display the current goal setting pathway.
- The second tab, Goal History displays past goal setting pathways.
- The student needs to select the green button Start Path to begin the goal setting process.
- The following screenshot illustrates some of the question types that can be included in a goal setting pathway.
My Goals - Submitting
- At any stage of the goal setting process the student can select Save and Return Later to save their survey and return to it later.
- When the goal setting is finished the student can include a note to their staff mentor.
- To complete the goal setting pathway the student should select the green button, Submit Now. Notification via email will be sent directly to their staff mentor.