Viewing a Student's Pathway
The Academic Mentor may view the student’s submission under Class Goals.
- Select Class Tools, followed by Class Goals from the Main Menu.
- Select the Pathway and Year Level that the student is in.
- The list of students will appear. The user is then able to:
- Filter results by Goal Status (i.e. Submitted, Not Started, etc.); or
- Search for the student within the list.
- To view the student’s submission, move to the View Goals column and click Approve.
Approving, Revising, or Referring a Student's Pathway
The Academic Mentor then has the option to Approve, Revise or Refer the Pathway.
- If the Academic Mentor is happy with the student’s submission, they can scroll to the bottom of the page and Approve the Pathway.
- An email will then be sent to the Student to notify them that their pathway has been approved.
- If the Academic Mentor would like the Student to edit their submission (e.g. provide more detail), they can scroll to the bottom of the page and click Revise.
- An email will be sent to the student (letting them know that they are required to make some changes).
- The email will direct the student to their Pathway page, where they can make the relevant changes and then re-submit.
- An email will then be sent to the Academic Mentor (notifying them of the student’s re-submission).
- If the Academic Mentor would like to refer the student’s Pathway to a higher-level supervisor, they can scroll to the bottom of the page and click Refer.
- An email will be sent to the supervisor (to let them know that the student’s submission has been referred to them).
Note: The Refer feature must be enabled in the Pathway setup for Step 3.
Adding a Note to a Student's Pathway
During this process, the student, Academic Mentor and supervisor can enter notes.
This may be:
- A note from Academic Mentor to the student:
Hi Madison, could you please add some more detail to your individual subject strategies.
- A note from the student to the Academic Mentor:
Hi Mr James, I have added some more detail to my individual subject strategies.
- A note from the Academic Mentor to the higher-level supervisor:
Hi John, I am concerned that Madison’s academic goals are unrealistic.
Notes may be confidential, in that the user is able to specify an ‘audience’ for each note.
- After opening the student’s pathway, at the top of the page, click Add Note.
The above options will appear.
- Specify an audience for the note. The note will be visible at the level specified and above.
- Enter the note and then click Save Note.
Note: Please click at least one audience type (you should only be ticking Students and Teachers at this stage). If you wish your notes to be saved against this student YOU MUST TICK A BUBBLE. If you are not entering notes or the Student does not need to review their goal, then you do not need to click any audience type. We are only using Teachers, Parents and Students (not Executive / Leadership). PLEASE DO NOT CLICK PARENTS AT THIS STAGE.