The Advanced Analysis section (under the Class Results area) contains information about a class or classes performance on external assessment items.
- Select the Year group, the Subject and the specified Class. You can also choose to select all classes.
- Select the external assessment.
- Choose Create Report.
Advanced Analysis → Growth Tool
- The blue horizontal menu bar enables the user to move between the two Class tools.
- The students in the chosen class are shown as blue dots. All other students in their cohort are represented by grey dots.
- The black vertical axis shows the national average scaled score.
- The red horizontal axis shows the national average effect size.
- Effect size is a measure of student growth, in this case Year 7 to Year 9.
- Students above the red line have grown more than the national average.
- The dotted black and red lines show the school’s average scores and effect size.
- Clicking on a student’s blue dot will let you see their results in a table below the chart.
Advanced Analysis → Comparison Tool
The External Assessment Comparison Tool allows teachers to compare students’ results between two assessments (the initial assessment and the latest assessment). When using this tool in a ‘class’ context, the students in the specified class will show as blue dots.
Each student in the group is indicated by a dot with the vertical axis showing the latest assessment result and the horizontal axis showing the initial assessment result. The black line indicates the trend between the two assessments for the cohort. The students in the specified class are indicated by blue dots.