Wellbeing Survey Process: Setup
A key area of the Student Academic Mentoring Portal is My Wellbeing.
This area allows students to:
- Reflect upon their wellbeing habits and current wellbeing status.
- Set goals and strategies for their wellbeing.
Customisable for each year level and run cyclically, the Wellbeing process helps students focus on their health and engagement with learning.
Each pathway is setup on the Administration side of the application, under Academic Mentoring.
- As below, the user begins by creating the pathway (e.g. ‘My Wellbeing 2020’).
- The user then creates the individual Pathway Year Levels (e.g. Year 10, 11 and 12). Each Pathway Year Level is customisable, meaning different questions may be asked of each.
- Unlike the Class Goals pathways, Wellbeing pathways are designed to be run on a more regular basis (weekly or fortnightly).
Create the Pathway
The following fields will appear. Please continue to the next page for an explanation of each.
5. There is the option to copy a previous Pathway.
6. Enter the Pathway name.
This is essentially a title for the Pathway.
7. Enter the Pathway year.
This is the year in which students will complete the Pathway.
8. Enter the Pathway term/semester.
This is the period in which students will complete the Pathway.
9. Enter a start date.
Students will not be able to open the Pathway until this date.
10. Enter an end date.
Students will not be able to open the Pathway after this date.
11. Now click Add weekly runs for multiple surveys or click Add single run for one instance of the survey.
12. Pathway Runs will be generated for each week in the Pathway period (between the Start and End dates entered above).
13. You can remove any of the runs by clicking on the delete icon (X) next to the run.
14. You can edit an individual run’s start and end dates by clicking on the edit icon next to the run.
15. Once you are satisfied with the number of runs, click the Save button.
Create the Pathway Year Level
- Returning to the main menu, select Pathway Year Levels.
- Using the drop-down menus, select Student Wellbeing from Stream, and then select the Pathway created in the previous section.
- To create a new Pathway Year Level, click New Year Level Form.
4. The fields below will appear. You can choose to copy a previous pathway.
5. Enter the new Year Level.
6. There is the option to keep the pathway Open or Closed (depending on when students should have access).
Create the Pathway Year Level: Instructions
7. There is the option to enter instructions for this Pathway Year Level. Some default text has been entered; however this may be edited.
Create the Pathway Year Level: Section Questions
8. There is the option to enter Pathway Questions for students to answer. Overall, there are three of these sections. This allows you to have questions under different headings. ie. Wellbeing Status, Wellbeing Habits etc.
9. There is the option to include (tick) or exclude (untick) a title for the Pathway Questions.
10. There is the option to enter instructions for students to follow when answering these questions.
11. Once as many question sections as you need have been completed, select the Save button.
Note: The actual Pathway Questions are not created in this section. At this stage, the user is simply indicating that they would like to include the questions and entering the instructions. Please refer to the next section titled Create the Wellbeing Pathway Questions to create the actual Pathway Questions.
Create the Wellbeing Pathway Questions
12. Select Pathway Questions from the main menu.
13. Select the Student Wellbeing Stream.
14. Select the Wellbeing Pathway Year level.
15. Select the Add New Question button in the appropriate section.
16. Enter the question you want to ask.
17. Enter a number for the sort order.
18. Choose the answer mode (text, number picker, custom number picker, select many - checkbox, select one – radio button).
19. Select the Save button.
As above, there are five specific formats in which students can answer pathway questions:
- Text (students respond by entering text into a textbox);
- Number picker (students respond by selecting a rating from 1-5); or
- Custom number picker (students respond by selecting a rating that has been setup by the administrator).
To create a custom value picker, please contact TrackOne Studio.
- Select One (radio button type questions)
- Select Many (checkbox type questions)
Assigning Academic Mentors
The Academic Mentor that has been assigned to a student can be managed in this section.
- Select Administration from the top of the left-hand task panel.
- Select Academic Mentoring, followed by Mentors.
- Select the pathway, year level and pastoral care class that the student is in.
- There is the option to search for a specific student.
- There is the option to edit the academic mentor that has been assigned to a student. By default, the mentor that has been assigned is the student’s Homeroom Teacher.
- There is the option to update all students’ Academic Mentors to a certain teacher.
Releasing a Pathway
In order for a Pathway to become visible to students, it first must be Released.
- Select Administration from the top of the main menu.
- Select ‘Academic Mentoring’, followed by Pathway Year Levels.
- Choose the Student Goals stream.
- After a ‘Pathway Year Level’ has been created, its contents will not be viewable to students until it has been Released. Click the green Release button to begin.
- The following fields will appear. The pop-up allows the user to check that each student has been assigned an Academic Mentor. Click the green Verify button to check that each student has been assigned an Academic Mentor.
For assistance in assigning Academic Mentors, please refer the documentation or contact TrackOne Studio.
6. There is the option to notify students (via email) that the Pathway has been released.
7. Click OK to release the Pathway.